squirrel moments

Chronicling my roadtrip to record the history of Notre Dame . . . and what's more Notre Dame than squirrels?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Starting from scratch...seriously

This is my first blog post ever, and it comes on a momentous day. Today I did something I haven't done in eleven years and 2 days: I passed my Indiana drivers' test. I just moved back to Indiana from Maine, and I had to register my car and get an IN license. I walked in expecting to just get my picture taken, fill out some forms and be on my way, but it turns out that "out of staters" have to take the written test. I guess they were worried about the bad driving knowledge I may have acquired during the year that I had a Maine license. Fortunately I passed without incident, and I even learned a few things along the way. For instance, it turns out the best way to avoid getting into an accident in winter weather is to stay off the road altogether. Who knew?

Anyway, the other highlight of my day was the squirrel photo shoot I did with my friend Danica. She and I ate lunch at South Dining Hall on campus at ND, reveling in the preparedness of all the food in front of us. I love SDH for many reasons, going back to my love of the old PayCaf as a child (extra points to anyone who knows about the PayCaf!), so it was a big treat. Then we headed out on God Quad, where we lured a few squirrels with trail mix, then photographed them. It went pretty well, and we had a great time. Exhausted by all that cuteness, we went down to the lake and gave the rest of the trail mix to the ducks...turns out ducks REALLY like trail mix...I haven't been that scared by nature in awhile. I'll post the results once I've figured out how to do that!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home