squirrel moments

Chronicling my roadtrip to record the history of Notre Dame . . . and what's more Notre Dame than squirrels?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting ready...

I've been scheduling and packing away (with help from my mom, thank God!) for the past few days. ETD is this Tuesday morning. I'm trying to prepare everything, but I have to accept that there are some things you just can't prepare for. But that doesn't mean I can't worry irrationally!

Tonight at dinner my parents, my 17-year-old brother Pete and I were discussing some concerns about safety while I'm out on the road. You know--snow tires, flares, warm clothes. Pete's helpful suggestion was always to keep food in the car, "because unlike the Donners, you only have yourself." Nice.

2 Comments:

  • At September 28, 2007 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good call Pete! Of course, you must remember every episode of "I Shouldn't Be Alive" and know that no matter what happens, do NOT attempt to cross the mountains of Nevada during a blizzard! Stay in your car!

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pete you are 17 already? Not cool...you are making us Trinity Girls look old :-) Alice

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home