squirrel moments

Chronicling my roadtrip to record the history of Notre Dame . . . and what's more Notre Dame than squirrels?

Monday, October 1, 2007

The answer to my prayers

This morning I went outside to start packing my car, and I saw that one of my tires was going flat. I took it right over to the mechanic, who removed not one but two screws and patched the holes. The funny thing is that I prayed last night as I was falling asleep that if anything like that was going to happen this week, that it would happen while I was still at home. So the answer to my prayers was a flat tire. Yea!

The next time I write will be from the Twin Cities, where I'll be staying through Sunday morning. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, and that was only for about 48 hours. Looking forward to seeing more of it, and to getting on the road finally!

3 Comments:

  • At October 1, 2007 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Clare! said...

    Katie, The last time I was in Minnesota, I was with Nana and Granddad (so you know it gets good), my Uncle John took us to Minnehaha Falls (http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=4&parkid=252).

    Once there, standing next to the falls, Nana began to recite the Song of Hiawatha by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "...By the shores of Gitche Gumee/ By the shining Big-Sea-Water..."* It was great. And the falls are really beautiful. If you have time it's a good spot to be quite for a minute, and it makes for good photographs.

    *note: this is not how the poem begins, but it is Nana's favorite part. I think she just likes to say Gitche Gumee.

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 6:13 PM , Blogger The Blogger Formerly Known as Boblawblogger said...

    Best of luck Katie. i'll light a candle tomorrow for your continued good luck and safety. Miss you already!

     
  • At October 1, 2007 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Katie said...

    Thanks for the candle, D! And thank you, Nana, for the culture :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home