squirrel moments

Chronicling my roadtrip to record the history of Notre Dame . . . and what's more Notre Dame than squirrels?

Monday, October 22, 2007

Attention, Trinity girls!

Guys, I got an email from our beloved Mr. Clark—or Herr Clark, as he was known to those of us lucky enough to take German. Turns out Herr Clark is an ND grad, and I'm interviewing him in Portland this Thursday. Let me know if you have any burning questions you've always wanted to ask him, or if you want me to ask him to re-tell any of his old stories for posterity. Like how he lost his Brooklyn accent because everyone in his new school in Cleveland asked for choowocolate ice cream...or the time his favorite chemistry class class brought him M&Ms for National Mol Day :) Email me your ideas!

4 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2007 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    awesome! please tell him hi! i am sure that your memory is much better than mine, but i always did enjoy hearing about how he realized his secret vision power... and how he read Brother's K about 20 times... and reading the terribly boring "What is Life" (what does he really think about that book??). i really loved taking chemistry with him and it strongly influenced my decision to go into dietetics since i ended up getting a chem minor with the deal. have fun in portland!! i absolutely love that area.
    oh- wanted to make sure that you know i will be joining you in austin, right?

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM , Blogger The Blogger Formerly Known as Boblawblogger said...

    yay katie, you're in portland (almost) say hi to my mom for me. hahaha.

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Julia said...

    Tell Herr Clark hi for me too! I loved German with him and all of you guys. I remember chemistry being fun too and thank him for that as well. I didn't know that about Carolyn and chemistry and dietetics! Wow! That's cool, CSB. Miss you guys.

     
  • At October 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Clare! said...

    You know what stinks? When you write up a really nice comment to a blog and then you close the window without posting it! Anyway, I was saying that your trip sounds great and I want to take one now. Be safe! Clare

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home