squirrel moments

Chronicling my roadtrip to record the history of Notre Dame . . . and what's more Notre Dame than squirrels?

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Week 2...

A lot has happened in the past few days--I had a couple of interviews in Rochester on Friday, which went really well. One of the guys I talked to, Joe McBride, is originally from Butte, MT, and we spent some time talking about my route through Yellowstone and people to talk to in Montana. I walked out of his office with a map of Montana, a list of names and phone numbers, and a new pen. Not to mention some great tape, which includes a story of burning Fr. Ted in effigy over a losing football season. Well, four losing football seasons :)

On Saturday, I spent the afternoon just wandering around Minneapolis a bit. I took some photos which I'll post when I get a chance, and just enjoyed sitting in the sun by the Mississippi. And as Notre Dame was beating UCLA, I was watching Ohio State slaughter Purdue...I hate ABC! Oh, well, I fell asleep at 9:30 anyway.

This morning I left the Twin Cities for Aberdeen, SD, where I had an interview this afternoon. The scenery along the way was actually really similar to rural Indiana--it reminded me of driving Route 2, for those of you who have done that. So it was pretty, and relaxing until a huge storm came up. It was raining so hard that I couldn't see at all, so I pulled over into someone's driveway. I was tempted to ask if I could park in their barn when the hail started, but luckily it was over pretty quickly!

Tomorrow I'm going to Rapid City via Mission, where I'm interviewing a 2007 grad who is doing TFA on the Indian reservation there. I'm up to my ears in work, but I'll try to post some photos and some more interesting stories later this week...

1 Comments:

  • At October 8, 2007 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Told you I would post so it looks like you have friends ;) Glad things are going well, and D an I missed you when we were watching the game (so did Sam). I hope you got to see the Bad Lands (or is it bad lands, Badlands, bad-lands, bad'lands, etc...).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home